
As you know if you've been sticking with me as I blabber on, we were out of cash and getting a bit worried about it. Today we drove up to yet another ski town (there are a LOT of them around here, in fact this area is apparently the largest, interconnected ski area in the world, with over 200 lifts) to mooch free internet from the visitors centre. While Jeff was doing his thing, I decided to try to the ATM just for the heck of it. My first try, I asked for 400 euros and got the standard, “there's a problem with your account, please contact your bank reply”, but being the stubborn mule I am, I thought I'd give it another go, this time asking for less. Jeff and I have come to suspect that the ATMs would not give us money because they did not actually have any. Second try, I asked for 200 euros and was told that I did not have sufficient funds. Encouraged by the change in rejection messages, I tried yet again, this time for 100, and was successful.... twice. Why I couldn't get 200 in one go but I could get 100 two different times is beyond me. It's like the French banks make up irrelevant excuses not to give you money at random. Maybe someone somewhere is getting a good laugh.

All cashed up, we headed to the Espace Glacialis (the glacier museum, thats me under a fake glacier) and even managed to get an English book explaining all the cool stuff in the museum. Very cool stuff (he he). Then we checked out the area around the museum (these people are very enthusiastic about their flowers).


No comments:
Post a Comment