| Kevin and the unitard |
| Miller getting ready at the coffee house |
Since we have two whole days off in honor of Thanksgiving, there's a 5k Turkey Trot every year. I haven't been running out side because of the snow and ice and to be honest, mostly because it's freakin' cold. Today was no exception. The wind was howling and I panicked and rather than wear a fun costume like many others, I overdressed in coats and hoodies and hats. As they yelled, "go", I realized that I was hot and then realized that my jacket zipper was jammed in the up position. Decided to just run and then realized after about 3 minutes that I was going to pass out if I didn't get it fixed. So, I stopped and three race volunteers and I fought with my coat zipper for about five minutes (or at least long enough for everyone else in the race to become dots in the distance). Then I ran like an idiot trying to catch up and finished the race almost last, sweaty and with frozen lungs. Good times. Like many things down here, it was fun but didn't go smoothly and involved a lot of swearing on my part.
| The runners heading up the hill toward Scott Base |
| After the race |
| A free water bottle makes it all worth while |
| OK. Bloody Mary's with Dan at the bar made it all worth while... |
No comments:
Post a Comment