Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thanksgiving

Wasties, Enviros and Fuelies unite!
Today is Thanksgiving.  Well, it's what we are calling Thanksgiving here.  We all have two whole days off of work this week (Saturday and Sunday) and it feels so luxurious!  Can't have Thanksgiving next week because it's time for the runway to move from the sea ice to the ice shelf and that's a big process that can't be interrupted for two whole days.  So, we go early.  Funny how much you appreciate a bit of extra time to have some wine and a nice meal with friends when it doesn't happen all that often.  Don't get me wrong, life is great and I actually love going to my garbage girl job.  It's one of the more fun things I've done but it's also exhausting.

My fellas (Danny, Chad
and Miller)
This year, I am thankful for all of the amazing opportunities that have come to me in my life.  What a lucky person I've been.  The older I get the more I am also amazed on a regular basis by the friends I have and my supportive and loving family, who tolerate my crazy life and even encourage it.  I wish everyone could be as lucky as I am.  Happy (early) Thanksgiving!





Kate and Buddy


No comments:

Post a Comment