Thursday, May 6, 2010








We had our first stop at Mackers today (can one of you Australians tell me how you spell that?) to mooch off of their free wi-fi. My goal is not to get sucked into getting a big mac while we sit in the parking lot trying to make sure we are caught up with bills and such. I did agree to their terms and conditions, which I'm sure somewhere say that you actually have to buy something to use the wi-fi but who reads that stuff really?

It gets dark at 6 and there are critters everywhere so what are we to do but set up camp and drink some of the wine we've collected during our wine tasting efforts at the bottle-o in St Kilda. So, here I sit, a bit tipsy and listening to a playlist that Jeff has put on which happens to have all my favorites on it - World On Fire, Mexico, Southern Cross. I've been checking out pictures that Es gave to Jeff. Pictures of us over the last 2 years. Seeing it through someone else's eyes reminds me of what a great time we've had! I was so healthy at our wedding and am shooting for that again this trip. Conveniently, we have no money for stops at the bakery and we have been stopping every 15 minutes to clamber out of the car and see the next ocean vista.

Not one to be left out of the action, Burnie's exhaust gave out about 15K from camp. It now sounds like we are driving a formula 1 car but it's dark and we'll have to cross that bridge tomorrow. I'm thinking bondo and clamps will get us to Perth.

Next day...

Jeff has pulled a McGyver and fixed the muffler using a can of Pepsi. Muffler tape and a wire hanger. Guessing this will not be the last post about the van's ailments.

No comments:

Post a Comment