Friday, January 1, 2016

Marble Point

From Marble Point, looking inland across Arnold Cove (on the right) and Bernacchi Bay (on the left).
That's me hook loading a helicopter
while it hovers above me!
Jeff holding a sea spider (aka
pantopoda or pycnogonids) that
washed up on shore.
Checking out the pancake ice


After being out in the field over Christmas, I got back to town, only to have Jeff leave for two weeks working at Marble Point field camp.  Luckily, this camp is close and I was able to go out and spend New Years with him.  It's a beautiful place and there's lots of nice ocean front terrain to explore.  I got to do a bit of work around the camp too, including connecting a sling load to a helicopter hovering over my head (more exciting than it sounds).  Overall, a lovely way to ring in the New Year.
Sea ice washing onto the beach near Marble Point

No comments:

Post a Comment