Saturday, June 18, 2016

Snow and Many Glacier

St. Mary Lake and Wild Goose Island
Going to the Sun Road on the east side of Logan Pass
Snow on the Garden Wall
My friend Kate came up from
Denver to visit.
Kate, Devin and Harms at
Redrock Falls

This deer followed me into the woods,
watched me pee and then practically
pushed me out of the way so it could
lick up the salt I'd left behind.










Bear hat mountain near Logan Pass




Jeff climbing above
Apikuni Falls.
Apikuni Falls, Many Glacier 
My friend Kate from Denver came up for a visit in June and we spend our time seeing the sights along the Going To The Sun Road.  It snowed like crazy the day before, which made for some great scenery.  Then we headed up to Many Glacier, where Jeff is based.  Many Glacier is accessed from a road that leads several miles into the park so you start your hikes a fair way into the park.  In Two Medicine, you are starting near the edge of the park.  I think this is why they have a lot more wildlife in Many Glacier.  They also have a LOT more people.  It's gorgeous there though so I see why it's so popular.  I saw more bears in my weekends and off time visits in Many Glacier than I did during all of my working hours in Two Med.  Our friends Devin and Brian (aka Harms) are based there and it's super fun hanging out with them.
Devin and Harms
Jeff getting the good shots.



A black bear in the meadow on the
road to Many Glacier

Us and Grinnell Cap from
Redrock Lake
Above Apakuni Falls
Kate clawing her way up the
slope above Apakuni Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment