Saturday, September 1, 2012

Random outside summer 2012 stuff

Went hiking up South Arapaho Peak with the UM Alumni Club, which is headed up by my sporty friend Nate.  I was late and almost blew out a lung trying to catch them on the way up.  Thankfully, I did and we all hit the
top together.
Jeff and I spent our few summer weekends together backpacking in the western side of Rocky Mountain National Park.  This hike was up Onahu Creek.  Very rocky but gorgeous.



 In June, I was lucky enough to go to Pagosa Springs for work and then have an entire day off (paid!).  Thanks to Jerv at work for this awesome trip!
Four mile falls

Opal Lake, near Pagosa Springs, CO.

In June, Jeff and I hiked up the Mitchell and Blue Lakes trail to Mitchell Lake, which was gorgeous but brrrr..






We hiked up Chief Mountain with Nate and Lisa on a nice summer day...




Lounging in the sun at Lake Verna.








Toward the end of June, we backpacked up the Lake Verna drainage and spent a glorious afternoon lounging by the lake.  Too cold me me but Jeff took a screaming dip in.
Little pink elephants.  Just
seeing these makes me happy.

Lake Verna valley.



No comments:

Post a Comment