Saturday, January 6, 2018

The holidays


A nibbles platter for the workshop party
Bubbles for a party on the
emergency helicopter pad.
Helo pad party.
Stu DJs while Jack and Ben bust a
move during the helo pad party.
Al
 In a tradition that I believe holds true continent wide (it certainly did with the US program), Christmas and New Years Day were both ignored because of more important events (refueling and resupply from the boat).  Not to worry though, as soon as the boat left (bye Jeff :( ), all of us on station got down to the business of celebrating the holidays.  First, we had an outdoor dance party on the concrete emergency helicopter pad outside of the Red Shed (our main station building), complete with a legit DJ, sparkling wine and hot pizzas!
The Casey Station Christmas photo - almost all of station made it.  Photo by Dom Hall (as are several on this page I think)
Santa was a bit sloppy, as
were his helpers...
The next morning, we had a very sloppy visit from Santa and his skanky helpers, who handed out all of the secret santa gifts.  Very entertaining and certainly got everyone in the Christmas spirit.  That evening, everyone got dressed up and we had a massive feast.  The chefs spend days prepping for the meal and numerous volunteers help with everything from chopping to decorations.  I wish I had a picture of the spread as it was impressive - lobster, steak, oysters, desserts galore and wine on every table!
Santa's "sleigh"
The galley all decorated for Christmas.
Jack, Gavin and I, excited about presents!
Jack acting as line cook for
Christmas morning brunch.

Desserts!
Matt and Pete

Erki makes who knows what but it
was delicious!

Jack making espresso
martinis.
Jordan making dessert.


Yum.  Thanks Erki!












A note that not all of these photos are mine - some were shared by other folks on station but I don't have a list of which photos are from which people, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment