Sunday, July 13, 2014

Holy Crap - Christchurch here I am



Well, here I am in Christchurch.  It's a exciting and a bit sad all at once.  Jeff and I have spent the time since we got off the ice worrying about what we were going to do for work and then Jeff got a job building trails in Glacier National Park.  An awesome opportunity and I was all set to head up there with him but then a pretty good job in Christchurch fell in my lap.  They are even going to let me head to the ice again, which is amazing and is really important to me.  So, we scrubbed the house, crammed our crap into boxes and I hopped on a plane.  A couple of days later, Jeff drove to Montana to start his new life as a badass mountain man.  I've managed to find myself a little place in Cashmere, a suburb of Christchurch.  Work is work.  The people are great and the view from my porch is pretty hard to beat.  Jeff will be here at the end of September but for now, I'm exploring on my own.  If you are reading this, you should start planning a visit right now.  It's excellent here.

No comments:

Post a Comment